Cell PHone reads to the blind
I couldn't believe this when I saw it. Lg is releasing a phone capable of reading to the blind. Now thats technology. The next thing you know we will be able to control our cars with our phones. I'm sure its in the works, I'm going to put some post up from the different carriers today so stay tuned.
Here is a snippet and a link to the article I was reading today. Let me know what you think.
" South Korea's LG Electronics has unveiled the world's first talking phone capable of reading books to blind users, officials said on Wednesday.
The LF-1300 model hit the domestic market this week, priced at around 400,000 won ($417).
"The LF-1300 is the world's first mobile handset capable of reading books for the blind. This is part of our efforts to contribute to society," said Song Keun-Yong, spokesman for the world's fourth-largest cellphone vendor.
The blind, visually impaired and dyslexic can buy the talking phone after presenting a government certificate. The phones are being offered at a special low price.
Users can download about 300 audio books free of charge through LG's digital library website on a computer specially designed for the blind, Song said.
They can also download the digital books directly onto cellphones through the wireless network by touching a hot key on the handset, he said. "
I couldn't believe this when I saw it. Lg is releasing a phone capable of reading to the blind. Now thats technology. The next thing you know we will be able to control our cars with our phones. I'm sure its in the works, I'm going to put some post up from the different carriers today so stay tuned.
Here is a snippet and a link to the article I was reading today. Let me know what you think.
" South Korea's LG Electronics has unveiled the world's first talking phone capable of reading books to blind users, officials said on Wednesday.
The LF-1300 model hit the domestic market this week, priced at around 400,000 won ($417).
"The LF-1300 is the world's first mobile handset capable of reading books for the blind. This is part of our efforts to contribute to society," said Song Keun-Yong, spokesman for the world's fourth-largest cellphone vendor.
The blind, visually impaired and dyslexic can buy the talking phone after presenting a government certificate. The phones are being offered at a special low price.
Users can download about 300 audio books free of charge through LG's digital library website on a computer specially designed for the blind, Song said.
They can also download the digital books directly onto cellphones through the wireless network by touching a hot key on the handset, he said. "

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home